Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Test of time

070305Image by COCOEN daily photos via Flickr
First Biology test last night. Thankfully, a passing score.

What I learned:  Read the questions even more carefully. Sometimes the distractor is in the question. Follow hunches. If it feels wrong, it probably IS wrong. Missing four easy questions knocked me into a low B.

Considering my anxiety level, and the fact that I didn't feel solid with certain concepts, the score was good enough.

Good enough to show I'm actually learning something. Good enough to reveal where I need to spend more time. The half-hour spent with the tutor three hours before the test was definitely time well spent. After that, I figured there was no sense frantically paging through notes. Playing piano briefly two hours before the test helped the brain waves. I figured, either I know the material, or I don't.


The temperature was maybe 6 degrees last night. At least, the class is held at a place where parking is steps from the building. Back home, spent five hours completing the Medical Terminology assignment due tonight. Up until 3 a.m. The book I'm reading for pleasure, "When the Body Says No," by Gabor Mate, is due at the public library today. Inter-library loan so I can't renew. DRAT.

Sunshine yesterday and today. What more can I say?






Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment