Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Answers are everywhere

A scanning electron microscope image of normal...Image via WikipediaFirst session of Medical Terminology tonight.

Back in December, when the brilliant idea to go back to college turned into action, I had ordered the big, fat Medical Terminology textbook from Amazon.com.
When it arrived, I had begun paging through immediately, poring over pictures and noting how the information was organized. Then the tome moved to several locations in the house before I picked it up again after the holidays.

I mowed down three chapters in a week. This is wordplay to me. Dissect the terms by suffix first, then the root, then the prefix.  I went through the exercises in the book and on the CD. I was feeling like a hot shot. I didn't want to write in the book. Wanted to keep it clean so each time I studied, I'd still be challenged.

Uh-uh. The instructor wants us to turn those pages in to her. If you do it carefully, she tells us, you can separate the sections from the spine.

Guess I'm going to get even more practice.

The instructor handed out copies of exercises printed on festive green paper.  At the end of class one student asked what the last two pages were for. Evidently the answer pages were copied along with the the exercises! The instructor accepted the goof with a laugh. I wondered out loud why the morning class hadn't noticed it.

Roads were crappy tonight.

###
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment