Thursday, January 20, 2011

Thursday on ice

Rhinitis phlegm micro-photo with gas bubbles.Image via Wikipedia
Rhinitis phlegm micro-photo with gas bubbles.

I have diagnosed myself with rhinitis. Stuffy nose. Headache. Sneezing. Coughing. I'll live. Nonetheless, I've been in a crappy mood all day. Roads were crappy. Class was crappy. I was in no mood for interaction with other humans, but we had our first biology lab tonight and it's worth ten points. Three kids got stuck with my congested snorting and clumsy attempts to calculate metric conversions.

At one point, Carrie grabbed the ruler out of my hand saying I was looking at it upside down or backwards or something. She then realized she was looking at it wrong and that my stated measurement was actually correct. Like I said, I've been in a crappy mood all day. I must have given her some kind of dirty look. She backed down. We resumed the measurements.  Performance anxiety affects different people differently.

One bright note. Yellow, as a matter of fact. I used a liquid solution on the car windshield to make it easier to scrape the ice, an activity which took a good 10-15 minutes after class. Thanks to foresight, I had packed this wondrous spray in the car just yesterday. Looks like urine. Melts ice and snow like urine. Probably has alcohol in it. Maybe Coors. Huh. They always said Coors was. . oh, never mind.

There. Done for the week. Back in my nest. Tomorrow is another day.


###
Once upon a time I lived where palm trees grew. 



Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment